Re: Cygwin package management

At 10:38 AM 12/27/2004, you wrote:
>Michel Van den Bergh writes:
>
>> I am sorry for being ignorant but setup.exe is a GUI program isn't it?
>> I was looking for a simple command line tool like rpm that is
>> executable from a script.
>
>Cygwin package management is quite simple, it's just setup.ini with
>dependencies pointing to tarballs, and an installed file database. I
>hacked a simple python script to query isnstalled packages and handle
>dependencies
>
>    http://lilypond.org/~janneke/software/cyg-apt
>
>Jan.

You left out of your simple description the postinstall (and preremove)
scripts.  That's not to say that someone can't make scripts to perform the
equivalent of what 'setup.exe' does or that your python scripts don't
already.  It is worthwhile noting that this list doesn't support home-
grown install scripts.  One should feel free to develop these but please
don't expect us to debug'em. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746