Re: How to use cygwin instead of MKS tool kit

At 12:01 AM 12/20/2004, you wrote:
>Hi
>I want to know how cygwin work instead of MKS tool
>kit. I used cygwin instead of MKS tool kit when I am
>installing my Oracle application I had successfully
>installed it. But when I am trying to apply patches
>for it I am not able to apply the patches and when i
>was going through some forum I found that cygwin will
>only support for the installation and not for applying
>patch. I want to make it clear that statement is there
>any way I can use cygwin to apply patch should I
>upgrade or add any modules to cygwin so that I can use
>cygwin for applying patches please kindly help me out.
> Thanks for your help

I don't know about anyone else on this list, but I'm having
trouble figuring out precisely what you're having problems
with.  It sounds like you're suggesting that the 'patch'
utility is not working for you the way you would like, but
I'm really not too sure even of that.  If you have not already,
please read:

Then please follow-up this posting with one that describes
the behavior you see and the behavior you want, as well as
all the other requested information this page prescribes.
The more details, the better.  Examples are good too. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746