RE: floppy drive accesses

  Thing is, it's almost certainly an underlying behaviour of the windows OS
rather than anything Cygwin is doing.  It seems to like to scan the FD quite a
lot.  For example, if you've recently used wordpad to edit a file on the floppy,
you'll see the FD get accessed every time you run wordpad again; it's something
to do with it verifying the file MRU list.

    cheers,
      DaveK