Re: Environment variables & system privilages

>> 1. What's the "right" way to add add environment variables into the user
>> and system maps?
>
>Well, that's probably the best you could hope for, if you want system-wide
>settings.  I'm not aware of any other command-line tool that would set
>these.  If you only want to set environment variables for Cygwin shells,
>you might want to edit /cygwin.bat instead.

there is a command line tool from the w2k ressource tools named SETX.EXE
doing a google search reveals the links to ms homepage.
It is supposed to set environment variables for local user and/or
local machine from command line.

you might give it a try

benjamin