Re: perl 5.8.6

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes schrieb:
On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:38:38PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:

Jason Pearce schrieb:

Reini Urban wrote:

Maybe I'll come to the pending Win32::API problem with the callbacks on gcc also. A simple hack30-like solution should always be possible. Or a fallback to C::Dynalib.
Win32::OLE didn't compile OOTB, but this is easy. Just forgot where I put the patch.
And your /usr/include/iodbcunix.h was wrong. Had to patch it to compile Win32::ODBC. Will send it later.

It would be be fantastic if you can. I am making a lot of use of this module at the moment to call third party dlls.

Which of these three? Win32::API callbacks will need some time. Use the two other, better perl FFI's instead (FFI, C::Dynalib)

For Win32::OLE there was a patch somewhere which I didn't apply nor tested yet.

Win32::ODBC and the rest of the libwin32 suite works ok.
Win32::GUI also.
Maybe a seperate perl-tk package will be appreciated also, now that I heard that it works after applying some known patches.

Should I publish the 5.8.5 package or wait for 5.8.6?
I'm quite busy with postgresql and phpwiki now.

Sounds like you provide question and answer together there.

Reini, could you email me a copy of the package source?  I'd like to
see what you've done.  Are you aware that about 9 months ago,
Win32.xs/Win32.pm were put into the core (and will no longer be part
of libwin32 at some point), with some changes/additions?

Yep, I saw that, but I haven't fixed it yet.

Also don't know if you saw I sent Gerrit a patch to automatically
include Win32CORE functions, in the hopes that he would release
5.8.6 that way.  For 5.8.7 I want to get win32/wince/cygwin all
sharing the same source for those functions and the Win32 module.

Well, let's hope that they'll raise their lazy butt. -- Reini Urban http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/