RE: Cygwin setup via RDP fails

Peter Åstrand wrote:
> I've discovered that it's not possible to install Cygwin on a Terminal
> Server via RDP: The installation hangs somewhere between 0%
> and 5%. The
> installation succeeds if installing from the server console, though.
> Known bug?

 Not to me. I've installed it successfully on a number of MS Terminal
Servers (W2K only, not tried 2K3) via RDP without any hassle. I've only
ever come across a couple of things that would only install from the TS
console (MSDE being one). I'd suggest checking that there's not some MS
thing stopping you (policies and profiles being the obvious starting
points).

cheers
john