Re: gcc-g77 4.4.1-1 stack memory error

Ata Bilgili wrote:

G'day;

I have a Fortran 77 code involving the finite element
solution of rather large matrices using a conjugate gradient
method. The code trustfully runs with g77 on Linux and Unix
with no problems.

When I tried running it this morning using the Cygwin
gcc-g77 3.3.3-3, it complied nicely but I got a runtime
error of "MapViewOfFileEx failed, Win32". I then installed
gcc-g77 3.4.1-1 and the same thing happened but with rather
different error messages: First I got a *.exe.stackdump file
(attached) and then received a Segmentation Error.

An internet search yields -Wl --stack=XXXX options for gcc.
Is there any workaround for g77? This is rather frustrating,
knowing that I have to find a way to get this to work under
Cygwin. I believe this is a Windows problem rather than
Cygwin but!!! Cygcheck output is also attached.

-Wl,--stack=XXXX

This is needed on Cygwin if your stack will grow beyond 2MB because the stack size cannot be modified dynamically.

Gerrit

--
=^..^=