Re: A vexing installation problem

At 02:59 PM 11/29/2004, you wrote:
>The postinstall scripts are all cygwin shell scripts and thus require
>a functional 'sh' to do anything.  And, as with all other cygwin
>programs, 'sh' just exits without doing anything.

Yep, so I'd recommend starting there.  Check the Windows properties here
to see who owns the file and who has permissions to execute it, etc.  Also,
you could do a strace on 'sh' to see if anything interesting shows up from
that.  Hopefully you'll see something interesting as a result.

Holliston, MA 01746