Re: Serious Installation problems - possible workround but rapid fix required.

Larry Hall wrote:
What packages were you installing? There have been recent reports of hangs
in 'setup.exe' over on the cygwin-xfree list when all packages are installed.
Sounds similar to the problems you were having. Were you installing 'X'?
If so, the current work-around is to install all of Cygwin minus 'X' and
then rerun 'setup.exe' to install 'X'.

There has been progress made on 'setup.exe' to isolate and resolve this
problem so there's hope that this problem will be a thing of the past
soon. :-)

I fear you may be getting confused with other issues. I've not yet made any progress in debugging this. (Nor have I tried, since I really need 1 machine to test and 1 machine to compile - I will have a second machine from 6th Dec).

Max.