Re: select() read() and write() on /dev/console

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 06:46:56PM +0100, Jason Curl wrote:

My question, how do I go about investigating what the root cause is? Has anybody else seen similar issues and been able to work around it? I'm stuck and I've never seen the source code to cygwin before.

If you suspect a problem with the cygwin DLL then you can build a
debugging version of the cygwin DLL and debug it using gdb.

Most of the console handling is in fhandler_console.cc.  The select
handling is in select.cc.  Look for the string "console" there.

Instructions for building the DLL are in the FAQ:

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_3.html#SEC101

Hello,

Is there a way I can use debug_printf() inside C source (not C++). I've found <sys/strace.h> and <sys/ipctrace.h>.

Googling and I don't find information about what I need to include, and probably what I need to link.

#define TRACE
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/ipctrace.h>

int main(void)
{
  debug_printf("TEST\n");
}

It won't link, not finding _err_handler.

Thanks in advance.
Jason.