Re: cygwin using wrong sh.exe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brown, Charles" <charles.brown@sensis.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 2:20 PM
Subject: cygwin using wrong sh.exe

After installing Cygwin/X, I can launch a cygwin bash shell, and I can
launch the xwin server using the startxwin.bat file - which also launches
one xterm. However, I can't run any of the X tools from the windows Start
menu, or from a bash prompt. I get an error saying "xterm:
c:\progra~1\rational\ration~1\NUTCROOT\mksnt\sh.exe no such file".

I asked a buddy for help, and we tried changing the PATH variable so
cygwin/bin is first, and edited some of the cygwin .BAT files, to try to fix
the PATH, but with no success.  Somehow, cygwin keeps picking that SHELL.

I've google'd some terms, and tried the mail list archive without success as
well.

I've appended the output of cygcheck, which is interesting because it shows
that cygwin does find sh.exe in cygwin/bin.

What do I have to tweak to fix this?

Thanks.

--CB

Try setting your $SHELL variable to something other than sh.exe, i.e., bash.exe.