Re: Apology

At 12:56 PM 11/15/2004, you wrote:
>Sorry about that last email, really. Please stop sending me abuse.
>
>I'm just saying, it would be a good idea to have the zipped dll only as a quick and dirty download somewhere on the main page. Going through the installer can be a pain (when mirrors don't work etc) and then browsing through to deselect stuff when you only want the latest dll is just a lot of hassle.

Unless you're installing for the first time, updating your system doesn't
require you to select anything.  Just "Next" through all the pages and
let it do it's work.  It will update anything that needs it automatically
based on what's already installed.  If you're installing for the first time,
you're better off going through the installer anyway, since you're going to
end with a properly installed system and not some hodge-podge that is likely
not to work.  So, overall, the installer is a win-win, no matter what you've
started with.  If you don't like it for your purposes, that's fine but you
can't blame us for putting together a system that makes the installation
process simple and keeps installation problems to a minimum, right?

Holliston, MA 01746