Re: Cygwin has two ROOT tree strcutures and the old one is not the default anymore.

Thanks Larry,

This seems easy enough. I was about to run setup to follow your hunch of the 1st email you sent me. Also, I was reading about "rebase" in same post.
You are right, I was distracted, I am so used to see the select the loacl package directory selction on the 4th page, I must have added download to the rood path in the 3rd page. I am glad there is way to repair this without re-installing everything. We learn every day.
I'll try this later this afternoon, here in Los Angeles, CA.
Good evening to you in MA
Donat

If you just want to have '/' point to 'c:\cygwin' instead of
'c:\cygwin\download', just remount your mounts to point there.  '/',
'/usr/bin', and '/usr/lib' are the ones you're concerned with.  So
do:

mount -b -s -f C:/cygwin /
mount -b -s -f C:/cygwin/bin /usr/bin
mount -b -s -f C:/cygwin/lib /usr/lib

If you have any Cygwin services running, I recommend stopping them, doing
the above, and restarting them.

As for what you did to setup to make it use your download directory as your
root install directory, you must have specified it as such in the 3rd
page of the install process.  You should type this directory into the 4th
page where it asks for the local package directory only.  Actually, if you
find the above 'mount' commands above too difficult to follow/do, you can
rerun setup and simply reset your root directory to be 'c:\cygwin'.  It w
ill make the above mount changes for you as a result.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746