Re: Problems with ssh and tunnelling with cygwin 1.5.12

Hi,
I do not have trouble with ssh -X user@machine , but I am using in advance startx and my command is applied through x-window.
HTH,
Aldi

Nicholas Wisniewski wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying ssh and tunnel to various machines. I can ssh just fine without tunnelling (i.e. ssh user@machine.net). When I try to tell ssh to tunnel (ssh -X user@machine.net), it prompts me for my password, and then hangs. When I look at the task manager, I see that sh.exe is taking up all of the available CPU. If I kill sh.exe from the task manager, ssh continues fine and I am connected and tunnelling.

I'm running XP pro, service pack 2. I've turned off the XP firewall and Sophos virus programs and still get the same behaviour. The same behavir happens on this machine with cygwin 1.5.11 as well.

Has anybody ever seen this before?

   Thanks for your time,
     Nick

Nicholas Wisniewski