stderr and clearmake

Hello, I'm using clearmake, and the Metaware C++ compiler (don't ask...I don't like metaware either) and whenever I execute a clearmake from within cygwin, I don't have any stderr output. This was first discovered while I was in an Xterm, and didn't affect the main window. However, recently, for some reason, it's started happening in the cygwin window (by cygwin window, I mean bash.exe) as well.

I've written a program to print out a message on stdout and then on stderr. The output is as follows:
aconole@ACONOLE ~
----------------------------
$ ./stderr-test.exe
This is stderr!
This is stdout!
----------------------------

The code is:
------------------------
#include "stdio.h"

int main(){
   fprintf(stdout, "This is stdout!\n");
   fprintf(stderr, "This is stderr!\n");
   return 0;
}

As you can see, for some reason stderr and stdout are being manipulated in some odd fashion, which may or may not be related to the problem I'm having. I've already tried manipulating the cygwin variable, without success.

I can attach information about the cygwin version I'm running.

running: Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4
Cygwin version: 1.5.11-1