getloadavg(3)

Anyone saw a implementation similar to getloadavg() on windows?

At least uptime, top, emacs, xemacs and make use the noop on windows, and some other apps defined their private loadavg() function app-specific, which we cannot use.

I cannot believe that no-one created a similar function for windows yet. At least sound and gaming need that for sure.
And the Win API provides similar beasts for sure, they just have to be wrapped up.

I don't want to port the whole "sysstat" package, no iowait stats, just a basic getloadavg() for the CPU business would be fine.

http://www.wilsonmar.com/1perfmon.htm#TaskManager
"The load average (LA) is the average number of processes (the sum of the run queue length and the number of jobs currently running) that are ready to run, but are waiting for access to a busy CPU."
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/