Re: [UPDATE] cron won't execute tasks

I ran cron_diagnose.sh and fixed the things that it said needed to be fixed. There was a problem with the permissions on /etc/passwd that I couldn't figure out how to resolve. It said the permissions needed have the read bit set. So, I set it and it still didn't work. The pattern it is looking for is '^-r--r--r-- ' My permissions are '-r--r--r--+' I know this allows special access but I don't know how to turn it off. None of the other servers where I could get cron to execute have the plus symbol in the permissions. How do I get rid of it?

Also, it doesn't make sense that this would stop cron from executing the jobs because it shouldn't be using the passwd file to authenticate. It is suppose to run as SYSTEM.

Thanks for all your help.

Robert