Re: setup size prefs (from gmane.os.cygwin.applications)

Hans Horn schrieb:
Hi Reini,

Reini Urban wrote:

Which window sizes do we want to store?
I started with one size for all, then I rewrote for one size for each
propertypage, and now I believe the best would be to store/restore
only two sizes.
The big size for the package list and the small for the rest.

Two sizes sounds like the best compromise!

Well, there's another useful option. three sizes: default small (317, 179): fixed size mirror selection (517, 379): resizable + remembered. package selection (517, 379): resizable + remembered.

What else do we want to remember?
The state of the two checkboxes at the end?

Yup!

sorry, I saw some patches from two years ago, that brought in useful defaults for those checkboxes.

What else?

The state of the keep/curr/exp radiobutton on the package list, as well as the state of the View button.

this is good.

And while you are at it: get rid of the "Installation complete" dialog.

probably not.

p.s. kudos for stepping in and fixing setup issues

well, there's huge list maxb and others are working on. see the bugzilla pages: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?&product=cygwin&component=setup.exe #479 is good to go #480 (mousewheel) is broken. My rewrite of the idea is almost finished. #481 looks easy good, but haven't checked yet. #490 can be helped by abortable "endless" directory traversal, when selecting a poor local install directory. or stop after some 30secs. -- Reini Urban http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/