Re: ls /dev/*

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Sorry. I should have read further. Apparently the OP just wants *something* in /dev even if it is not what "should" be there.

The question of "should" is subjective I would think. I worry sometimes, since /dev is "special" and a "pseudo" directory that what I'm doing my break things in some manner. To date it works just fine. And, as I've said, to me, disk drives are devices. Somebody suggested /mnt. To me that's more for remote mounts, so my Z drive might be better suited for /mnt but C and D are local and I would expect them in /dev not /mnt.though one could argue that they too are mounted. Right now we are just talking personal preferences...

I suggest just making the directory and downloading interesting jpeg images to the directory. That's what I'd do.

Hell a touch /dev/file would work (except other special things in /dev like clipboard will not list - but curiously list with ls /dev/clipboard)!

--
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.