Re: Gnome libs and libresolv

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Jani Tiainen wrote:

I found out that many ported gnome libs are dependant to libresolv,
unfortunately I was unable to find one.. Any hints where I could get
that one for Cygwin?

Can't fault you, as a package search for "libresolv" returns nothing.
Had you tried searching for "resolv.h", however, you'd've found that you
need to install the "minires-devel" package.  The minires-devel
postinstall script creates a symlink from /usr/lib/libminires.dll.a to
/usr/lib/libresolv.a.
	Igor
P.S. I wonder if there's a way to create manifests of files/symlinks
potentially created by postinstall scripts, to be used in package
searches?

Well, since I don't personally need resolv.h (it just something needed to link in gnome packages) I couldn't even guess..

But it's very obvious.. I think there is lot to improve with package management in Cygwin, since these kind of a guestions would never appear due properly handled dependencies.

--

Jani Tiainen