Re: Problem using cygwin autoconf

Brad Bell wrote:

Recently (today) I installed the current version of Cygwin from
mirrors.kernel.org
Now I am having trouble using the autoconf and automake tools under cygwin.
To be specific, In response to the command
autoconf
I get the error message
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request" at
/usr/autotool/devel/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm
line 69, <GEN1> line 214.
I get a similar error message in response to the aclocal and autoheader commands.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I should proceed to resolve this problem ?

I found the solution to this problem on the web page
   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2004-06/msg00047.html

To be specific, in my case I had to delete the file
   autom4te.cache

It appears that the autoconf and automake tools use files of the form '*.cache'
that are stored in the users directories. When a new versions of these tools
are installed, the '*.cache' files corresponding to the old versions should be deleted.
These are not automatically deleted when the old versions are uninstalled,
because they are in the users directory.