php 5/apache2 on cygwin

Hello,
I'm new on the list, so forgive me if this subject was already mentioned. My problem is related to PHP 5, which is not (officially) supported by Cygwin and PHP team doesn't support Cygwin, as a platform for use with PHP. However I really would like to use PHP on cygwin (there are a lot of advantages). As far I know there not many users, which use PHP on cygwin (especially version 5), but this doesn't mean that it should not be supported.

For know I have to problems. Installing PEAR and Apache 2 module. Apache 2.0.52 compilation/installation gone smoothly (after updating build/instal.sh file, where variable "ext" needs to be set to .exe) - and at this point is another question: why apache2 is not on the official packages list ? There is only one problem, which appear on the httpd service startup: "ulimit: ulimit: not available on this system".

With PHP 5 there is more to say. Compilation of latest cvs version gone also without any problems. I use following configure options: ./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

As I said, compilation was successful, but the problems start with "make install". First error is related to apache module:
$ make install
Installing PHP SAPI module: apache2handler
/usr/local/apache2/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool
' libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2/modules
/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2
/modules/
cp .libs/libphp5.lai /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.la
cp .libs/libphp5.a /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
ranlib /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/src/php5/libs'

Warning! dlname not found in /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.la.
Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
chmod 755 /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
chmod: getting attributes of `/usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so': No such fi
le or directory
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
.
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

I found the way how to omit this error (but php module is not created). But after that, a new problem appear with PEAR:

$ make install
Installing PHP SAPI module: apache2handler
/usr/local/apache2/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool
' libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2/modules
/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2
/modules/
cp .libs/libphp5.lai /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.la
cp .libs/libphp5.a /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
ranlib /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/src/php5/libs'

Warning!  dlname not found in /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.la.
Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
chmod 755 /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
[activating module `php5' in /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf]
Installing PHP CLI binary:        /usr/local/bin/
Installing PHP CLI man page:      /usr/local/man/man1/
Installing PEAR environment:      /usr/local/lib/php/
Signal 11
make[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Error 139
make: *** [install-pear] Error 2

When I configure php with "without-pear" option "make install" will be successful (apache module is still not created).

I wrote bug reports to PHP team, but there were no answers. They said that they do not support Cygwin... :-(

If anyone of list members know how to solve that problems and (what is probably more important) if PHP 5 will be someday in official cygwin's packages.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

ML