Setup failure

I normally download Cygwin/Setup from work, a broadband connection, and
migrate the

downloaded files to home, a 56k connection.

When I'm at home, I select the files to install. Sometimes I select files
which I have

not brought home (an operator error). Lately, Setup crashes when it can't
find a file.

This seems to be a new behavior.

Now I'm in a pickle. From the pop-up window showing activity, Setup appears
to be

checking the MD5 checksum on:

  _update-info-dir/_update-info-dir-00230-1.tar.bz2

and I can't get past this file. There is one other peculiarity about this
file.

Normally there is a src file and a non-source file paired together. In this
case, that

is not true.

I don't know if this is a bug but I would like to know about any work-around
and I

would like to know the correct procedure to migrate files from work to home.

I've included a subset of the information from 'cygcheck -c -r -s' below.

thanks

PS: I did try to compile and debug the setup but, as of now, gcc is also
hosed.

Cygwin Package Information

Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Mon Oct 25 08:20:10 2004

Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4

 .\
 C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
 C:\cygwin\bin
 C:\cygwin\bin
 c:\WINNT\system32
 c:\WINNT
 c:\WINNT\System32\Wbem
 c:\Program\ Files\ATI\ Technologies\ATI\ Control\ Panel
 C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
 c:\.xemacs
 .)

Output from C:\cygwin\bin\id.exe (nontsec)
UID: 400(Arthur Schwarz) GID: 401(mkpasswd)
401(mkpasswd)

Output from C:\cygwin\bin\id.exe (ntsec)
UID: 400(Arthur Schwarz) GID: 401(mkpasswd)
0(root)                  544(Administrators)
545(Users)               401(mkpasswd)

SysDir: C:\WINNT\system32
WinDir: C:\WINNT

HOME = `C:\cygwin\home\Arthur Schwarz'
MAKE_MODE = `unix'
PWD = `/home/Arthur Schwarz'
USER = `Arthur Schwarz'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `C:\cygwin'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/c
  (default) = `c:'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/d
  (default) = `d:'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin
  (default) = `C:\cygwin/bin'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
  (default) = `C:\cygwin/lib'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts
v2\/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
  (default) = `C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/volatile
  (default) = `c:\volatile'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/z
  (default) = `z:'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options

a:  fd           N/A    N/A
b:  fd           N/A    N/A
c:  hd  NTFS   38162Mb  45% CP CS UN PA FC
d:  hd  NTFS   76344Mb  20% CP CS UN PA FC     80Gb Disk
z:  cd           N/A    N/A

C:\cygwin                          /                         system  binmode
c:                                 /c                        system  binmode
d:                                 /d                        system  binmode
C:\cygwin/bin                      /usr/bin                  system  binmode
C:\cygwin/lib                      /usr/lib                  system  binmode
C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts  system  binmode
c:\volatile                        /volatile                 system  binmode
z:                                 /z                        system  binmode
.                                  /cygdrive                 system
binmode,cygdrive

    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.5.11
        DLL epoch: 19
        DLL bad signal mask: 19005
        DLL old termios: 5
        DLL malloc env: 28
        API major: 0
        API minor: 116
        Shared data: 4
        DLL identifier: cygwin1
        Mount registry: 2
        Cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        Cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        Program options name: Program Options
        Cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        Cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
        Cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
        Cygdrive default prefix:
        Build date: Sat Sep 4 23:17:09 EDT 2004
        Shared id: cygwin1S4

Package                 Version                      Status
_update-info-dir        00025-1                      OK
autoconf-devel          2.59-1                       Incomplete
clamav                  0.75.1-3                     Incomplete
clean_list              0.0                          Incomplete
clean_setup             0.0                          Incomplete
config                  0.0                          Incomplete
cpp-html                0.0                          Incomplete
csdiff                  4.0                          Incomplete
csdiff_rtf              4.0                          Incomplete
cxref                   1.5c                         Incomplete
cygwin                  1.5.11-1                     Incomplete
dllhelpers              0.2.7                        Incomplete
doc                     0.0                          Incomplete
doc-html                0.0                          Incomplete
fastjar-html            0.0                          Incomplete
g77-html                0.0                          Incomplete
gcc-html                0.0                          Incomplete
gcc-testsuite           3.2.tar                      Incomplete
ghostscript             8.00.src                     Incomplete
glibc                   2.2                          Incomplete
jcvsii                  5.3.2                        Incomplete
mailcrypt               3.5.7                        Incomplete
manuals.ps              0.0                          Incomplete
mico                    2.3.5                        Incomplete
newlib                  1.9.x                        Incomplete
nvi.html                0.0                          Incomplete
pkzip32                 0.0                          Incomplete
RSLOC                   0.0                          Incomplete
smartctl                5.30-1                       Incomplete
tetex-bin               2.0.2-13                     Incomplete
tkcvs                   7.0                          Incomplete
v825_i960mc_docs_991213 0.0                          Incomplete
win_io_2.0_docs         0.0                          Incomplete
WinCvs120               0.0                          Incomplete
WinMerge_1_7_1          0.0                          Incomplete
wipe                    2.2.0                        Incomplete
xpm                     4.0.0-2                      Incomplete