Re: Cygwin finally croaked

"Larry Hall" <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> wrote in message 6.1.0.6.0.20041024181115.0415edb0@pop.prospeed.net">news:6.1.0.6.0.20041024181115.0415edb0@pop.prospeed.net...
> At 06:02 PM 10/24/2004, you wrote:
> >"Larry Hall" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message
>
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>
>
> <snip>
>
> >Ok I'll try to be a little clearer.  Recently when I double-click on the Cygwin icon on my Windows 2000 SP3 desktop the Cygwin console will come up then immediately disappear.  If I double-click it again it comes up and stays and I can do stuff with it.  Like whois which is all I ever do with it.
>

> Wow, you have allot of Cygwin stuff installed considering that you only
> want to use 'whois'.  That's not a problem though.  I was just
> surprised to see the *long* list of packages given this statement.

that's because I was using other stuff.  Just no longer.  Moved on to other things and just let it all be.

> >After the whois I am noticing that the console stops receiving keyboard input.  I click the title bar minimize other open windows and it starts to receive keyboard input again.  And I can do ctrl-D which is what I want to do after whois.  Namely I want to logout.  This is the ONLY application I have installed in Windows 2000 that does this.  The ONLY one.
> >
> >If you need any more information other than what I provided that you think might help to trouble-shoot this issue please let me know what you suggest or need?  Thanks.
>

> I guess I need to see your 'cygwin.bat' contents and your invocation of
> 'whois'.  So far, I see nothing wrong and I cannot reproduce your problems
> on this end.

Neither could I before this issue started.  In fact I never tried to get this behavior.  Just started happening
right out of the blue  I double-click it poof.  I double click it again fine.  Sometimes the console stops accepting
input.  Sometimes not.

> --
> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

cygwin.bat:
_______________
@echo off

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
Set INCLUDE=C:\cygwin\lib\gcc-lib\i686-pc-mingw32\3.3.1\include;
Set CYGWIN=tty notitle glob
bash --login -i

Everything I am sending you is exactly as it is\was before this issue started.  I think
maybe you can see why I asked if there was a shelf-life.  For that's all I can think of at this point.

I mean I did update my Java Plug-in.  I may have added stuff to my classpath.  I put in a VRML plugin.  I changed my php directory from C:\PHP to C:\PHP4 and am using some extensions now.  In fact I've done lot's
of stuff but I know I didn't touch anything in C:\cygwin.

--
George Hester