Re: unable to edit/less dotted files, etc.

Thanks for the reply, Dave,

Turns out 1.3 is just the version of the doc file, I'm up to date. Sorry
to give bum info. c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll is dated 9/4/2004.

I've just run a default install again, just in case.

I haven't done anything with perms. I installed cygwin as administrator,
not "just for me".

The behavior is the same, whether I log in using the Win2k admin account
or as my regular user account.

I've just repeated the process: I can't edit a dotted file, even though
I can "ls" it, and I can't edit files that don't conform to 8.3. If I
rename files to 8.3, I can edit them. SO I don't think it has anything
to do with permissions.

Thanks for your continued help.

julian.