Re: No longer works.

At 12:05 PM 10/10/2004, you wrote:
>The bash terminal window flash and exit problem (or no commands working in
>bash window) is apparently caused by /etc/profile NOT being
>accessed/included/executed at bash startup. This is where the PATH is set --
>if I run bash and enter ./ls, I get an list of the current /usr/bin
>directory. Simply ls does not work. ./env shows the windows directories
>translated to Cygwin mounts but no bins.
>
>So ... something changed on one of the upgrades. How do I get this going
>right: -source /etc/profile or something like that in the bash command line
>or in /home ... /.bashrc ? Other fix??

Maybe.  Try it if you like.  I'm not sure anyone here can give you much in
the way of advice though.  You're problem is clearly the result of your
local configuration and since we don't have any information about it, we
can't be of too much help.  If you can send some details/output of what you
did, what you saw, and what your configuration is ('cygcheck -s -r -v'),
folks here on the list might have some better insight into your problem.
 From that may come some good advice.

Holliston, MA 01746