RE: automatic completion

John Morrison wrote on  :

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the latest version of Cygwin in Windows XP. If I open a new
>> Cygwin Bash shell, and then just press the "&" key and then the TAB
>> key, the Cygwin Bash shell window freezes.
>>
>> Has anybody else experienced this ?
>
> Works well here - just took a moment or two to find the 4767 possible
> tasks I might want to do :)
>
> J.

Works here to... though taking some time to complete (A minute or so the
first time) - this depends on your hardware (mine is slow).

Hmm... wasn't there a readline/bash option to set, to cancel "empty line"
tab completion attempts?
<rumbing through 'man bash'> Heh? Where is it?

	shopt -s no_empty_cmd_completion

<trying out...>

Well, this seems have no positive effect; the completion attemp is still
done. OTOH if you type a space and THEN hit TAB - the above helps.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE Microcomputer systems            --72-->

** mailing list preference; please keep replies on list **

-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--