Re: Help disconnecting SSH sessions

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, overbored wrote:

> I would like to disconnect an SSH session. My sshd is set up as a
> Windows service (with the help of cygrunsrv). I am also currently logged
> in via SSH, so I'd like to kill another specific SSH session (I know
> where I'm logged in from). 'w' shows the two connections - my current
> one and the other one (to be killed). I just don't know how to proceed
> from here on out. ps doesn't list the processes, and using tasklist, I
> have no way of associating which sshd corresponds to which connection
> (and in fact it looks like there are three sshd's...I'm guessing the one
> with the lowest PID is the service, which spawns the other sshd's). Any
> hints? Thanks in advance.

FYI, 'ps' only shows the processes for the current user (default flags are
'-lu$USER').  'ps -el' should show all Cygwin processes (including the
sshd ones, running as SYSTEM [UID 18]).  FWIW, you don't need to know the
number of the sshd process to kill the connection -- just "kill -1 <pid>",
where <pid> is the pid of the *shell* for the connection to be terminated.
The sshd process will die automatically once the child exits.  Also, this
is NOT Cygwin-specific at all.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw