From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
Of Maarten Boekhold
Sent: 02 October 2004 09:16
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Memory debugging under cygwin

Hi all,

I have a program that segfaults, and it's quite obvious that this is
caused due to some memory corruption. Except it segfaults at a place
where, if running it in gdb, there shouldn't be a problem. There seems
to be some memory corruption somewhere, and I can't figure out where.

I tried linking the app with dmalloc, but I can't get it to generate a
log file, even if I explicitly request one by including calls to the
dmalloc library in the application. Valgrind doesn't seem to be
available on cygwin either.

Can anybody recommend a way to debug this sort of error? Are there any
other memory debuggers available that work with cygwin?

Maarten

---