Re: Strange behaviours: attributable to XP SP2?

On 8/31/2004 8:55 AM, fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:

There have been two strange changes in behaviour/ response/ output that I
have noticed recently, and that I can only attribute to the installation of
XP SP2

I'm using SP2.

I had been using the latest cygwin1.dll snapshot but reverted to the current
cygwin1.dll when I noticed this.

I'm using the yesterday's snapshot (the one before the latest one).

1. setup: the column width allowed for "Current" is now greatly increased

WFM.

2. cygcheck -c used to present its output package version OK
or maybe occasionally
package version Incomplete
very conveniently, package by package, line after line. Now after installing
SP2 either blank lines alternate, or the word OK is presented below the
information package..version..

WFM.

Of course, it could be my horrible machine or my bad driving of it.

SP2 did not cause any of these problems on my machine. Of course, that doesn't mean it didn't cause these problems on your machine :-)

--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x7F67E734, C233 365A 25EF 2C5F C8E1 43DF B44F BA26 7F67 E734