RE: Newbie Needs some Help.

At Wednesday, August 25, 2004 5:48 PM, Howard Rifkind wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have loaded down the setup.exe and ran it.
>
> However, I can't figure out which packages I need to install and
> should I load it down and install from the internet.  I'm only going
> to install it on one machine.
>
> I guess this would also apply to the KDE as I would like to install
> that too but there are a ton of files and I don't know which to
> choose.
>
> I have never used UNIX before ... some for this needs clearing up.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Howard M. Rifkind

It depends what you want to do.  Asking for just xorg-x11-base should give
you a working X installation, which is needed for KDE.  ("Cygwin/X is a port
of the X Window System to Cygwin.  Base package used to select enough
packages for a working installation.")

Note that this is the wrong list to ask questions about getting Cygwin/X
working.  See http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/lists.html for info on the
cygwin-xfree list.  Also, KDE is not available via setup so you will
probably have to go to http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/ to get KDE/Cygwin
and may need to ask your KDE questions there.