RE: question about shared memory in the cygwin daemon

  Your data won't even fit into a 32-bit address space, so I don't think
shared memory is going to help you.

  Even if you're using an x86-64 platform, you have to bear in mind that
you've got a virtual memory system there.  If your data set is 4Gb, and your
system RAM is < 4Gb, then even mapping it into shared memory between
processes will involve it going out to disk and back when the pagefile
starts swapping.

  Is there not a library version of matlab you can link to your application
and call into from the same process space?

    cheers,
      DaveK