Re: [Bug] wget and files >2GB

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) wrote:
> <OT>
>
> One possibility:  Try a native Windows tool.  Internet Explorer or the ftp
> that comes with Windows might be able to handle it.  There are other free
> (as in $0, not necessarily OS) possibilities.
>
> As much as one might like to use open source tools that one is familiar
> with, sometimes it may be more practical to use a Windows tool that one
has
> or can get.
>
> </OT>

Naturally, I eventually fell back to this option, using Mozilla (which
downloaded the file, but told be that I was downloading <negative-number>KB
of <negative-number>KB at <negative-number>KB/s .

I will be following up on the lftp suggestion for now, and adding examining
the possibility of enhancing wget to my todo list.

Max.