Re: Wanted: cygwin TWiki maintainer

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:25:45PM +0100, zzapper wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:59:46 +0100,  wrote:
>
>>A while ago I set up a Cygwin wiki here:
>>
>>www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ccj00/cygwin
>>
>>Unfortunately I've now graduated form Imperial and my account will be
>>closed at the end of this month.  I'm looking for someone willing to
>>host and maintain the wiki.
>
>Cygwin maintainers this could the place to put lots of CygWin Chestnuts
>eg "How to get Cron working!!" how about getting it installed at
>cygwin.com???

I guess this is a FAQ entry.  Do you see any other project on
sourceware.org which is using (shudder) wiki?  The point that seems to
be consistently missed here is that cygwin.com is not the sole consumer
of resources on the system where the domain resides.  Adding a service
like wiki would mean getting buy-in from people running the system over
at 'overseers'.  Once you get buy-in, you'd also need someone to install
the software and tweak the web server.  I'm not looking for new things
to support, personally.  I think I made that clear not too long ago
in another thread.  I don't think that Corinna would be thrilled about
maintaining wiki either.

Another point is that I don't want another official forum to police and
I doubt if Corinna wants to be scanning web pages looking for people
giving incorrect advice either.

So, the obstacles would be getting buy-in from overseers and finding
someone to police the pages.  Anyone is welcome to start a discussion
over at overseers at sourceware dot org, however.

cgf