Re: old Galib library (with templates) does not work under g++ 3.3.1

Ilya Grigorenko wrote:
> Hello!
> After the installation of the newest cygwin with g++ 3.3.1 compiler(before
> it was something like 2.95, and it was not such a problem), it became
> impossible to
> use Galib library (genetic algorithms).
> The problem appears when I try to compile programs, containing templates,
it
> does not recognize them.
> Other example programs from Galib, without templates, run Ok.
> What I can do about it?
> Can I install an older version of g++?

If you hunt around, you might find a copy of the old gcc2 package for
cygwin, but note that it was officially withdrawn due to being buggy. (I
don't know the specifics)

> Or there is another way to solve this?

Fix Galib to work with gcc 3.

Really, gcc2 is *dead*. Gcc 3 is now on it's 5th minor version, and it's
been with us for quite some time. It's time to move on.

Max.