Re: To cygwin postgresql maintainer: tutorial RFC

Jason Tishler wrote:

Carlo,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 03:49:47PM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:

However, I would like to get some of your comments before I post about
its existence on some postgresql mailing lists.

Nice job. I only have minor comments which are not very useful. However, I recommend contributing your documentation directly to PostgreSQL. In this way, your tutorial will not become YA one.

Maybe an "Installation on Cygwin" chapter like the following:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/install-win32.html

would be a good approach.

Jason

Oh! Thank you very much. I actually saw some typos and some phrases which need to be
de-ambiguated. I'll probably be able to do this after this weekend. In any case, I'll try to propose the
doc to the PostgreSQL documentation/website maintainer after testing the tutorial on the
different Windows platforms.

Thank you very much for PostgreSQL for Cygwin and for Cygwin too. Great software!

Best Regards,

Carlo Florendo y Flora
Astra Philippines Inc.
www.astra.ph