Re: No /bin after installation

Carlo Florendo wrote:

Nick Sabalausky wrote:

I've tried installing Cygwin numerous times with
the current setup program (www.cygwin.com/setup.exe),
and have the base packages and a number of the
developer packages selected. But when installation
completes, I have the /etc, /lib, /usr, and /var directories but there's no /bin directory.
Because of this, when I try to run Cygwin, I get
the error "The system cannot find the path specified.
'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program, or batch file."

Well, if you were able to open a terminal, then that means at least one shell is installed. Type `echo $PATH' (without the quotes of course) on the command line:
What does the PATH variable say? Please note shat `echo $PATH' will work on sh, zsh, bash, and csh.

Oh I'm sorry for assuming you opened a terminal. I realized the error message you mentioned comes from a windows prompt. Did you try to invoke cygwin.bat on the directory where you installed cygwin?

Please be more specific. Read http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo