RE: Make not found

cygwin-owner@xxxxxx.xxx wrote:
> Im trying to find/run make, I did a complete install of everthing,
> but make is not there.
>
> What am I doing wrong, how do I get it?
>
> mike conrad
> 408-395-6500 work
> 408-910-3438 cell

If you really want the above phone numbers to be accessible for everyone in
the world, why not change them into something that follows conventions. e.g.
prepend "+1-" above.
(If you type this version into your cell phone it will work regardless of
where in the world you are; assuming you have a phone that covers all the
cell phone standards and subscription(wd?) to match it)

Now for your cygwin problem, try this:
$ cygcheck -c nomake
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status

$ cygcheck -c make
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
make                 3.80-1         OK

The last version is what you get when 'make' has been installed.
The previous indicates 'not installed' for 'nomake' - which might be what
you will see if you haven't really installed make - get it? ;-)

To clarify: 'cygcheck -c <name>', as shown above, tells whether you HAVE
installed a package, what version it is and whether all installed files
remain in the original place (=OK).

If you really have find (i.e. findutils) and make installed, but the above
problem remains; go *read* and *follow* problem reporting instructions at...

Hmm... was that understandable? ;-P

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59+16.37'N, 17+12.60'E         --72-->

** mailing list preference; please keep replies on list **

-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--