RE: How to delete rogue nul files

  Actually, it may have genuinely deleted it after all, but it might also
look as if it was still there, depending how you look.

  It's easy to think the file is still there if you look for it by doing "ls
-l nul", because for some reason that will always succeed, regardless of
whether or not there actually is a nul-named file in the directory you're
looking in.  Compare the results of "ls -l nul" and "ls -l | grep nul" and
you'll see what I mean.

    cheers,
      DaveK