RE: tcsh terminate unexpectedly

  Different username?  Different permissions and access rights?  Lack of the
INTERACTIVE group in the logon token?  There are various environmental
factors that differ when you run something from the scheduler rather than
from the command line as the logged on user.

> 2. What would be the best way to debug (tcsh -xn
>    name_of_script)?
>    Because is shuts down unexpectedly and the shell
>    disappears these techniques would be difficult to
>    utilize.

  Sprinkle it full of lines that say

echo Still alive here! >> /scriptlog.txt

and then see how far it gets through them to identify the failing command.

  Or perhaps, just get the scheduler to launch a tcsh shell, then run the
script manually from that; it should still fail in the same way.

    cheers,
      DaveK