I?ve setup cygwin with sshd. The build command that is executed runs
devenv.exe (Visual Studio .NET 2003) with a solution file and build target.

Two scenarios that show different results:

User must enter a password when logging on using ssh.
-> In this case the build command succeeds.

The user?s public key is added to the authorized_keys file.
Now no password is needed.
-> The build command fails with ?Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library :
Runtime Error!? (found in the Windows ?System Log?)

#1 and #2 are done with the same user and the same ssh client from the same
Unix machine.

I have compared the env after logon, they are identical.

Apparently there is a difference between #1 and #2 in how the user gets
impersonated though cygwin.

Any hint is welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Volker

Versions:

Windows 2000 Server SP4 (stand-alone, not a domain member or controller)

Openssh 3.8.1p1-1

Openssl 0.9.7d-1

Cygrunsrv 1.0-1

Cywin 1.5.10-3