Re: FAQ update suggestion for "I'm having basic problems with find. Why?"

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:08:15 -0400, Larry Hall <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:

> OK, so your reference to "this issue" was not the find/-noleaf stuff you
> found but rather the more general issue regarding functionality and stability
> of features in Cygwin, given the differences in maturity.  Sure, I guess
> you could make that argument.  I thought you were implying that the
> find/-noleaf problem you ran into was the norm for ISO/UDF media with Windows
> and Cygwin yet not for Linux/UNIX.

Well, after spending a ridiculous amount of time playing around with
this (it was fun!),
I decided to add it to the "I'm having basic problems with find. Why?"
FAQ after all. It appears that Linux works around the '.' '..' UDF
problem at the filesystem driver level (that's kinda a guess, I only
have commercial DVDs to test), which of course Windows doesn't do. As
for other *nixes...well, they should read our FAQ. :)