Re: Error: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

First off, just a reminder: <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#CYNUX>.

> The problem is this..
>
> If I run a script with the initial heading of:
>
> #! /bin/bash
>
> I get this error:
>
> bash-2.05b$ ./Test
> bash: ./Test: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> bash-2.05b$
>
> If I change the initial heading in my script to this
>
> #! /cygwin/bin/bash
>
> It works.

You have already given this information.

> I am assuming thus far, I need a / to be my root director and that needs to
> be aimed at c:/cygwin.  I have tried (more like fumbled) with the mount
> command to make this happen but seems I lack the knowledge to actually make
> work.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help

For the future, please *attach* your cygcheck output instead of including
it inline.  Inline cygcheck output produces too many false positives on
archive searches.

It looks like your postinstall scripts didn't run correctly.  Your
/etc/passwd and /etc/group are either missing or unreadable.  Also, it's
weird that mount doesn't show system mounts, even though cygcheck sees
them.  The mount flags for both /cygdrive show user mounts, not system
ones.  Very weird.  Unless you have too much stuff already in your Cygwin
installation (doubtful), your best bet would probably be to just reinstall
everything from scratch (see <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC19>).
	Igor

> From the cygcheck I have learned this much :
> [snip]
> Windows XP Professional Ver 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
>   (default) = `/cygdrive'
>   cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
>   (default) = `/cygdrive'
>   cygdrive flags = 0x00000022

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/