Re: Problem: Perl with connections using LWP Module

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL>.  Thanks.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Dirk Fokken, Cross Development wrote:

> In an attempt to run a perl based web-application on Windows using
> Cygwin with Apache, I experience difficulties requesting content using
> the LWP module.
>
> The overall installation of Cygwin and the additional modules seems to
> be fine, since the call of the specific cgi-script from the command line
> works.
>
> Calling the cgi-script from within the browser I receive the following
> message:
>
> "Can't connect to www.crossdesktop.de:80 (Bad protocol 'tcp')"
>
> In my opinion, the difference between a call from the command line and a
> call by the browser may be the uid:gid being set differently. Therefore,
> I suppose a rights problem to appear here.
>
> In order to make sure user and group are set equally, in apache's
> httpd.conf I set user and group to the user and group I am in
> interactive mode. Unfortunately, the problem remains.
>
> As principally, the whole system environment seems to be setup working,
> I come to ask this question in the round.
>
> Can someone help? Does someone have a similar experience?
>
> Many thanks,
> Dirk

Please start here:

In particular, please pay extra attention to the part that requests you to
*attach* (as a text attachment) your "cygcheck -svr" output.

If I had to guess, it looks like your /etc/protocols file is not visible
to apache.  I may be totally off, of course.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu