Re: sending email from Cygwin

luke.kendall@cisra.canon.com.au <luke.kendall@cisra.canon.com.au> wrote:
> I appear to have both exim and ssmtp installed; but I see that
> /usr/sbin/sendmail is a symlink to /usr/bin/ssmtp.  Fair enough, if
> interesting.

In fact, the ssmtp package does not create the sendmail symlink.
As far as I can tell, no Cygwin package sets up such a symlink.

> I also see that my /etc/ssmtp directory is completely empty.  Someone
> on the list mentioned /usr/local/exim/README.Cygwin, but there is no
> /usr/local/exim directory on my machine.

You should have read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ssmtp-2.60.9.README.
It tells you how to create the config file.  It has to be done
locally.

Incidentally you don't need revaliases; it can be used if you want
different users on your machine to send their mail via different
mailhubs.

Robert