Apache httpd Accepts local connections but not Remote

Since you guys are so smart, responsive and generous with your time, I
thought I would try this one on you. I have posted this on the Apache HTTP
mailing list twice with no response.

I have the following in my httpd.conf file. WebDAV seems to be working from
my local network (when using IE 5/6) but I cannot log in from across the
public internet and use the webdav client in IE 5. I can view the web pages
on my site remotely, however. This means my firewall is letting me thru on
port 80. Port 80 is all webdav needs, correct?

(My colleague was having some success using the WebDAV client in Konquerer
on Linux for reading files but never figure out how to write files).

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  Why cannot I use IE 5/6 to view
my files on my server (via webdav) from a remote client? It keeps prompting
me for a username and password and never grants me access. Below is a
fragment from my httpd.conf file.

I've been going nuts trying to figure this one out for two months or more!

   Siegfried

# DavLockDB /usr/local/apache2/var/DavLock DavLockDB "C:/Program
Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/DavLock"
Alias /cgi-source  "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Location /cgi-source>
  Dav On
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName DAV
  AuthUserFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/main.passwd"
  ForceType text/plain
#  <LimitExcept GET POST DEL>
    require user siegfried marty christie scott eric shafi #  </LimitExcept>
</Location>