Re(2): rlogin problems

>> Unfortunately, rlogin does not work - neither on a remote host nor on
the
>>localhost (ssh works fine and also rsh seems to work).
>>
>> The command output is as follows:
>>
>> rlogin 127.0.0.1
>> rlogin: read: No error
>>                               rlogin: connection closed.
>>

> Nope.  I can reproduce it on a 98 system and it doesn't happen on XP
> so I assume a 9x problem.  Debugging is necessary.

I have observed the same think. Rlogin works fine on my business XP
machine.

How can I do a rlogin debugging?

BTW: when i try rlogin from Cygwin to a Linux machine,  the Linux /etc/motd
is printed before the above error occurs, i.e. the access seems to work
for a short time. PATH problems?

Ulrich

--
Dr. Ulrich Guettich