Re: Cygwin 1.5.10: Possible bug

Hi Shaddy,

Shaddy Baddah wrote:
In my experience with JNI dll's under cygwin, they can behave very
erratically in the following situation. If you execute the JNI dll
application from rxvt, or xterm, i.e. using a pseudo-terminal. Are you
doing
this?

No - usually I launch the java process in Eclipse, the standard cygwin console, or via a browser.

If I don't use cygwin and compile with --no-cygwin, there is no problem. I wonder whether this is related to http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-03/msg00795.html or http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-06/msg00274.html - the first one looks quite like the problems I was having with 1.5.4 and the second sounds like a decent description of what's hapenning now. It's not an easy workaround, though :)

Thanks for the fast reply.

Cheers,
Dave.

--