Re: cygwin download is now very confusing

At 09:18 AM 6/15/2004, you wrote:
>My last computer went up in smoke and I bought a new system and so went to download cygwin, which I had not done in a long time.   After running setup.exe, the window where you select what to download and install is very confusing.  I have no idea of how to select a default install.
>There is nothing on that window that explains what anything means and nothing is obvious.
>I think you need to post a picture of that popup with instructions on what is being displayed means and how one is to select something.
>
>In any event, after taking what I thought was the defaults, I get cygwin window, and when I type in the "ls" unix list command I get back that ls is an unknown command.  pwd did work.   This is basic stuff in my opinion.

No argument here.  Here's something else that's basic:

;-)

Sounds to me like you're either missing a package or two or you have a
path problem.

BTW, you get the default installation of Cygwin without choosing any
packages.  If that's all you want, you can click right by the package
selection page.  Of course, most people are looking for more than just
the dozen or so default packages.  If you're one of them, then you'll
want to stop and select those.

Holliston, MA 01746