Re: Bash wait indefinitely

Please send questions regarding Cygwin to the cygwin mailing list.  There
you will get the expertise of the whole community rather than that of just
one individual.  Also, replies can be archived for others to search in the
future.  As such, I have redirected the discussion there.  Thanks.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, John Reif wrote:

> Brian-
>
> I saw your posts on a mailing list regarding bash hanging under cygwin
> waiting for zwClose, I have been experiencing the same problem on a 2 way
> xeon system where bash processes hang sometimes.  Did you get any
> resolution to this problem?  I am running with the most current version of
> cygwin dll.  Thanks for the help!

No.  I spent a good deal of time trying to investigate.  All indications
are that it is due to a Windows bug with inheritance of anonymous pipes.
I've heard that using DisconnectNamedPipe together with named pipes might
be a workaround, but I have not tried it.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer